Packaging Line Manager
Trillium Brewing Company – Canton, MA
Trillium Brewing Company is hiring! We are looking for a Packaging Line Manager to join our team and oversee day-to-day packaging operations, equipment maintenance and inventory management, as well as assist with long-term equipment planning and implementation. This position calls for a self-starting individual with strong organizational and managerial skills.
- Maintain and operate our Leibinger 24-head canner and 18-head bottle filler, depalletizer, Universal label machines, can-case packer, bottle-case packer, and Pak-Tech applicator.
- Maintain and operate separate wild beer bottling line.
- Package finished beer into kegs.
- Operate other bottling lines for specialty and one off beers.
- Management, scheduling, and training of packaging staff.
- Work with Head Brewer and Quality Lead to ensure beer is ready for packaging.
- Oversee priming, re-yeasting, and proper conditioning of bottle conditioned wild ales.
- Manage and maintain inventory of packaging materials and finished product.
- Report on packaging issues during regular management and production team meetings.
- Record and manage packaging related metrics and QC data.
- Equipment research, selection, and commissioning.
- Maintain a clean workspace.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities:
- 2+ years experience working on an automated packaging line producing 10k+ barrels per year.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; ability to identify and fix equipment issues.
- Strong team player and confident leader.
- Organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong logistics and planning experience.
- Enthusiastic about working in a fast-growing, evolving workspace.
- Ability to lift 55lbs and slide 160lbs kegs throughout the course of a workday.
- Ability to stand for prolonged amount of time.
- Forklift experience preferred (Trillium will provide training).
- Must be able to safely and efficiently work in a busy and close-quartered environment.
- Ability to safely handle hazardous chemicals in accordance with strict safety protocols.
- A passion for beer!
- Medical and dental plans (with employer contributions)
- 401k plan (with employer match)
- Paid time off
- Free Trillium merch and beer
- Employee discounts
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please)