Trillium Brewing Company – Canton, MA
Trillium Brewing Company is looking for a Lab Technician to join our talented production team to perform QC testing and help maintain Trillium’s high quality standards. Along with the QA Lead, this position will be responsible for the daily operation of the lab. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the QA Lead.
- Perform microbiological testing (aseptic techniques, enrichment, plating, microscopy, PCR) on raw ingredients, in-process beer, and finished beer.
- Perform chemical technical and physical analyses on raw ingredients, packaging materials, in-process beer, and finished beer.
- Maintain and improve QC documentation with Trillium’s internal data system.
- Set up tasting panels and trainings for sensory analysis program.
- Provide support in identifying critical control points within the brewery and proposing solutions.
- Conduct periodic internal QA audits.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Generate standard operating procedures.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities:
- B.S./B.A. degree in microbiology, biology, biochemistry, or food science preferred.
- Brewing knowledge/experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and organized.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic about working in a fast-growing, evolving workspace.
- Ability to stand for prolonged amounts of time.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently work in a busy and close-quartered environment.
- Ability to safely handle hazardous chemicals in accordance with strict safety protocols.
- A passion for beer!
- Medical and dental plans (with employer contributions)
- 401k plan (with profit sharing)
- Cash Balance Plan
- Paid time off
- Free Trillium merch and beer
- Employee discounts
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).